Yalumba Wine Company has walked away with this year’s prestigious silver heritage President’s Medal. The Royal Agricultural Society (RAS) of NSW awarded the medal at a gala dinner held at Sydney showground, with Australia’s top food and wine aficionados in attendance.
The award is judged on the financial, social and environmental performance of the company as well as their passion, commitment and enthusiasm.
Yalumba was awarded Champion status for one of their new varieties, the 2009 FSW8B Botrytis Viognier, at the 2010 Macquarie Group Sydney Royal Wine show. From there it became a finalist as one of the top 6 products eligible for the medal and upon winning the award, they also received $10 000 cash.
The award was judged across the dairy, fine food and wine sectors. Finalists included:
- Country Valley Organic Milk (NSW)
- Fonterra Australia Duck River Premium Butter (TAS)
- Jelm Pastoral MSA Lamb – Grass Fed 20 – 23kg (NSW)
- Cobram Estate Fresh & Fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil (VIC)
- Philip Shaw Wines The Idiot Shiraz 2009 by (NSW)
- Yalumba Wine Company 2009 FSW8B Botrytis Viognier (SA)